Dafoe corner(the Red X) which is about an hour and a half away from Saskatoon (the red circle). At the Dafoe corner the car stalled at the stop sign. Tim just shut it if and then started it again. Then we went around then next turn and the cat would not go, when it would go it would only go 40km so we slowly putted along and after a bit we could get it to go 90km for a bit but then it would go down to about 60km so we drove all most all the was to Saskatoon varying speed from 60-90km. Then whole time I was praying just let us get to Saskatoon. This is the situation where I wish we would have had a cell phone. About 10 minutes out sided of Saskatoon the car was going 100km so we thought maybe it fixed it's self. When we could see Stoon I asked Tim if we should try to get to my mom's, which is on the opposite side of Saskatoon or just go to my Grandparents house which is on the outskirts of Saskatoon, the side we came in on, but Tim thought we could make it to my Mom's house. So we were doing well when we were almost off the the Idwyld Bridge it stalled again (the red X in the photo below) and the red circle was our destination, so close but so far. There the car stopped, we could not get it to start. After Tim spent some time fiddling around under the hood, and ran out of ideas we flagged down a car and called my Mom to come try and boost us. By this time it was 3:45 in the morning. The next morning I had found out that just before we called my Mom had gone into the basement to see if we had arrived just and she was just starting to get worried.
While we were waiting for them to arrive lots of people stopped to see if we needed help which was very kind of them. Once they (Mom and Bill) got there they tried boosting us but that didn't work so they just ended up towing us to there house. The next morning Bill and Tim went out and tried to get it going again. We thought that the gas line might have frozen up because it was really cold out that night and really windy. Nothing seemed to be working, so we towed it over to my Dad's house to put it in the heated garage. We left it there over night and still no luck. Tim had called his friend who was a mechanic and he gave us a few ideas. So we tried changing the fuel filter(which is what they guys are trying to do in these pictures).
So finally on Saturday morning we towed it over to Canadian Tire and there they fixed it. After all that it was the timing belt and the tensioner that needed to be fixed which cost us $600. What a fun trip to Stoon. At least we were able to get the car fixed over the holidays and be able to be back at work on Monday like planned.
The last 3 time we have tried to go to Saskatoon we have had car trouble, must be a sign...NOT. oh well we made it there(with a little help) and back safely.